Entrepreneurial stress is a reality to me and I know to several others out there.
The passion behind entrepreneurship most times is wealth, and work satisfaction; but these come at a high price such as back-ache, indigestion, insomnia, headaches or even depression. When entrepreneurs’ work demands and expectations exceed their abilities to perform they likely experience stress. Entrepreneurial stress is something that cannot be detached from entrepreneurs.
Stress can come from 4 major sources:
- Loneliness – when it seem you are alone with your thoughts and passion
- Immersion in business – you just do not have any other life
- People problems – managing people and their diversities is an uphill
- Need to achieve – you worry if the business will succeed or fail
You may want to see the video
Tips to over these stress include:
- Networking – Learn to make friends, share problems
- Get away from it – take a leave from work, have leisure
- Communicate with employees – you cannot afford to bear the burden alone – everyone should play a part.
- Find satisfaction outside the business – play golf, play tennis, do something aside from work that brings fulfillment
- Delegation: it will relief you of too many work and it will also help others grow as they learn to face challenges – helping the business grow as well.
- Exercise rigorously – hit the gym, road side jog, learn to skip, any activity that will make your heart beats faster than usual.
These should help you overcome entrepreneurial stress; stress that come with starting a venture and making sure it grows and remain in the competition.
It’s sad that most times nobody sees entrepreneurial stress, those moment of doubts, taking risks, moments of sleeplessness, pain of not being understood, the pressure that comes from expectations and a whole lot more.
Entrepreneurial stress is real and if you find yourself in this please take note of the tips, it will help you and also the business.
I love, I care.